Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
This Edible Sugar Cookie dough is safe to eat raw! It uses toasted flour and no eggs to avoid bacteria and is easy to make for a quick treat.
- ½ cup flour (use gluten free flour to make this cookie dough Gluten Free)
- ¼ cup butter or spreadable butter (use Dairy Free butter substitute to make this cookie dough Dairy Free and Vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 2 Tablespoons water or milk, (only if needed - use water or Dairy Free milk to make this cookie dough Dairy Free and Vegan)
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles, optional
Microwave method: Place flour in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the temperature reaches at least 160°F (77°C) on an instant read thermometer. It took me a total of 1 minute. Cool completely at room temperature or in the fridge. Oven method: spread the flour in a baking pan and bake at 300°F in an oven or toaster oven for about 3-5 minutes, stirring once with a spatula. Make sure you keep an eye on it to avoid it burning or even browning. Cool completely at room temperature or in the fridge.
Using a hand mixer or spatula, cream together the butter and sugar. Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until uniform. Add flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Fold in sprinkles, if using. If the dough is too dry, add water or milk a teaspoon at a time until the dough reaches the right consistency (I used 2 Tablespoons and it was a bit soft, but still perfectly edible). Fold in sprinkles, if using. Eat immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days (may keep up to a week if using water instead of milk).
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg