This Strawberry Basil Lemonade is a perfectly refreshing summer cocktail, and a great way to use sweet summer strawberries when they're in season.
After almost a month on the road and staying with my parents in Nova Scotia, tomorrow we are heading home. While I'll certainly miss the walks on the beach, and my parents, it will be nice to get home.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking when I planned the timeline for the trip. Hubby could have taken only one more day off of work, and we could have had 5 extra days here, including getting to stay for Canada's 150th Birthday celebrations. But, knowing me and my frugal ways, I probably booked the cheapest flight.
I'm also not quite sure what I was thinking when I planned a camping trip for 2 days after we return. How am I going to get unpacked, find and organize camping gear, get groceries and get the car packed up in 1 day you ask?
Very good question. I have no idea. I do know that I won't have time to make these delicious homemade cocktails that are perfect for your Canada Day or 4th of July celebrations.
I cannot, but you definitely should make Strawberry Basil Lemonade with Vodka this long weekend.
This refreshingly tangy cocktail uses my homemade Strawberry Lemonade and adds in a few more strawberries for extra pulpiness, basil for an herby flavor, and vodka.
Of course, you can skip that if you want a non-alcoholic version, or use gin instead to change it up.
It's great for this time of year to use up those strawberries that are just starting to look not so great. That is if they make it that long. Enjoy your long weekend!
Want more fruity cocktail recipes?
Strawberry Basil Lemonade with Vodka Nutrition Notes:
This lemonade is relatively low in sugar compared to other sweetened beverages. The majority of the calories come from the vodka, and the rest from the sugar in the drink. You can sweeten it with alternative sweeteners if desired.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade with Vodka
- 4 medium strawberries, rinsed, stemmed and cored, cut into quarters
- 4 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- ½ cup strawberry lemonade
- sparkling water (optional)
- Muddle strawberries, basil and sugar together in a sturdy glass or measuring cup. Stir in vodka and mix well. Pour the vodka mixture and the strawberry lemonade into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- Pour through a strainer into a short cocktail glass that is ¾ filled with ice.Optional: pour into a tall cocktail glass half filled with ice, and top with sparkling water.
Nutrition Disclaimer: I try my best to make sure the nutrition information I provide is accurate to provide you with the best information possible. However, due to ingredient discrepancies and other factors, the above nutrition information should be considered an estimation only.
Leave a Reply