This fall inspired Apple and Pear Salad with Balsamic Maple Cinnamon Dressing, Gorgonzola, and Walnuts is fast, easy and delicious.
A few weeks ago, my husband’s cousin (my cousin-in-law?) sent me a message to tell me about an amazing salad she had in a restaurant. Knowing that she has great taste in food and one of the best bakers I know, I considered that salad very seriously.
I mean, it’s not everyday she contacts me, and it’s not every day people have a salad so good that they must immediately tell others about it. So I figured the salad must have been really good. I thought about it for a few days, and knowing I already had the ingredients I needed, I made it for myself.
I didn’t make it exactly as she described, I changed some of the ingredients and added cheese. Because this is Wisconsin and cheese makes everything better. I ended up with an Apple and Pear Salad with Balsamic Maple Cinnamon Dressing, Gorgonzola and Walnuts.
A little wordy, I know, but sometimes it’s really hard to come up with a catchy, yet descriptive title. Especially for salads. Perhaps Orchard Salad with Maple Spiced Balsamic Dressing. Anyway, call it what you want, it’s a tasty salad.
Want more healthy and delicious salads?
Apple and Pear Salad with Balsamic Maple Cinnamon Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 ounce package baby greens or spinach
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together the maple syrup, balsamic, salt, cinnamon, mustard and pepper. Continue whisking constantly while very slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Divide greens evenly between 2 or 4 bowls. Top each with apple and pear slices, Gorgonzola and walnuts. Drizzle dressing evenly over each bowl.
Apple and Pear Salad with Balsamic Maple Cinnamon Dressing Nutrition Notes:
The above nutrition information is for a small side or appetizer sized portion of salad. If you’re going to eat this salad as an entree, double the potion size and nutrition information numbers (the salad will serve only 2 as an entree).