Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Squares are even better than the original! Featuring crushed Oreos, they're just as easy to make as your old favorite squares.
Well, it seems to be about time for another sweet treat. I don't even really know where I got the idea for this one. Probably just trying to clean out my pantry. I always seem to have half a box of rice krispies hanging around from other recipes and no one in the family actually eats it for breakfast. And I also happened to have some Oreos kicking around. While I love Oreos crushed up and mixed into other treats (umm....Ice Cream!) I actually don't really like them on their own.
Hence this creation - Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Squares. Who here doesn't know and love Rice Krispie squares? That's right, we all do! I like them plain, I like my roasted marshmallow version, and now, I like them with crushed up Oreos. I'm not sure which is my favorite.
Of course, these are just as easy as your traditional Rice Krispie squares, only with the added step of crushing up some Oreos. You're not going for crumbs here, so don't use a food processor. You want bigger chunks. I put mine into a Ziploc bag and crushed them up with a rolling pin. Worked like a charm.
This recipe is perfect for the summer, because you don't even have to think about turning the oven on. The only "cooking" required is melting the butter and marshmallows and that can be done in the microwave in two minutes or less. You will have to wait for them to set though. That'll take about an hour.
These hold well and don't fall apart easily so they're perfect for a potluck or picnic. And I promise, everyone will love them. Rice Krispie squares, Oreos, what's not to love?
Want more rice krispie squares?
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Squares
- One 16 ounce package Oreo cookies (Use Gluten Free chocolate sandwich cookies to make this recipe Gluten Free)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- One 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice krispies (Use Gluten Free crisp rice cereal to make this recipe Gluten Free)
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan. Set aside.
- Place cookies in a large freezer bag. Break cookies into chunks using a rolling pin or small pan. Set aside.
- Place butter into a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Add marshmallows to bowl and toss to coat with butter. Microwave on high at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla. Add crushed cookies and rice krispies and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and let sit at room temperature until set, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Disclaimer: I try my best to make sure the nutrition information I provide is accurate to provide you with the best information possible. However, due to ingredient discrepancies and other factors, the above nutrition information should be considered an estimation only.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Squares Nutrition Notes:
Like most desserts and sweets, these squares are calorie dense and low in nutrients. Enjoy in moderation.
Leave a Reply