This Orange Dream Fruit Dip takes only 5 minutes to make, and tastes like dipping your fruit into an orange creamsicle! Perfect for brunch or parties.
When I was a kid, breakfast with my extended family always featured a fruit platter. And that fruit platter was always served with a creamy, slightly orange-flavored fruit dip.
I decided to recreate that recipe and share it with you. Today, I bring you Orange Dream Fruit Dip.
How to make Orange Dream Fruit Dip:
Making this creamy, citrusy fruit dip could not be easier. The ingredient list is short, and it takes only a few minutes to mix up. I used a hand mixer to make mine, but you could easily make it in a food processor as well.
Orange Dream Fruit Dip Ingredients:
- Light cream cheese or neufchatel (note that you can also use regular cream cheese, but you will likely have to let it soften at room temperature before making the dip)
- Frozen orange juice concentrate (you will only need a couple of tablespoons, so use the extra concentrate to make juice)
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
To make the dip, add the cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla to a medium bowl or food processor. Mix until smooth and no lumps of cream cheese remain.
Add the powdered sugar, and turn the mixer on low. Once the sugar has been incorporated, increase the mixer speed to high and mix until light and fluffy. That's it - your Orange Dream Fruit Dip is done!
Can you make fruit dip ahead of time?
Since this Orange Dream Fruit Dip holds well in the fridge, you can easily make it ahead of time.
Simply follow the directions in the recipe to make the fruit dip. Once it's done, transfer it to a container with an airtight lid and put it in the fridge until it's time to serve it.
Alternatively, you could transfer it to the bowl you plan to serve it in, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Want more dip recipes?
Orange Dream Fruit Dip Nutrition Notes:
Note that while the recipe calls for light (reduced-fat) cream cheese or neufchatel, the recipe will work with regular (full-fat) cream cheese, as long as it's softened before processing.
If you do use regular cream cheese, note that the fat (including saturated fat), and calories in your fruit dip will be higher than noted in the recipe below.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian as written. I have not tested it with dairy-free cream cheese, but I believe it would work just fine to make this dip dairy-free and vegan.
Orange Dream Fruit Dip
- 1 cup light cream cheese or neufchatel (1 block)
- 2 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Add the cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla to a medium bowl. Mix on high power with a hand mixer until well mixed and no lumps remain. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the powdered sugar. Turn the mixer on low speed. Once all the powdered sugar has been incorporated, increase the mixer speed to high, and continue mixing until smooth and fluffy. Serve immediately with cut-up fruit, or refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrition Disclaimer: I try my best to make sure the nutrition information I provide is accurate to provide you with the best information possible. However, due to ingredient discrepancies and other factors, the above nutrition information should be considered an estimation only.
Leave a Reply