This Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Capers is delicious and easy to make on weeknights or any time. It’s vegetarian, and can easily be made gluten free.
Roasted cauliflower is one of my very favorite things. You can often find me eating it plain, usually straight off the baking sheet. Mr. Dreamboat and I will often polish off an entire cauliflower in one sitting in this manner.
But occasionally I will also add my beloved roasted cauliflower to other dishes, like perhaps with some other roasted vegetables and black lentils. Or this Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Capers.
Making this delicious pasta is definitely weeknight friendly. Sure you need to roast the cauliflower, but all the other ingredients can be prepped while the cauliflower is in the oven. If you buy your cauliflower pre-cut in a bag, it will save you the time it takes to cut it up.
After about 45 minutes, you will have this hearty, meatless pasta dish on the table. It’s got a lightly briny flavor from the capers, with a fresh punch of citrus from the lemon juice. The walnuts add a crunchy texture, and the Parmesan adds some savory flavor.
The pasta is vegetarian, so it’s perfect for Meatless Monday, and it can easily be made gluten free. Try using a chickpea or other legume based pasta to bump up the protein content.
Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Capers Nutrition Notes:
The nutrition facts in the recipe use regular pasta for the calculations. Use whole wheat pasta to increase the fiber content of the recipe.
Use gluten free pasta if you need this recipe to be gluten free.
This pasta is a complete, balanced meal on it’s own, but serve it with a lightly dressed green salad if you want to add a little variety.
Want more Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes?
Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Capers
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 6 Tablespoons drained capers, divided
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve if desired
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces regular or whole wheat pasta (a short pasta like fusilli, rotini, or bow ties works best here – use Gluten Free pasta if you need this recipe to be Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces or halves, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, 4 Tablespoons of the capers, 4 Tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a large baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes, until the edges are well browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box in well salted water.
- Mince the remaining 2 tablespoons of capers fine. Place into a small bowl with the garlic and butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the butter is melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in the remaining Tablespoon olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the minced caper mixture, the roasted cauliflower and capers and the chopped walnuts. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.