This Ginger Peanut Chicken is quick and easy enough to make on a busy weeknight, with flavors the whole family will enjoy!
Today I'm bringing you a recipe that's perfect for those busy weeknights. You know the ones - for me, it's Thursdays.
I pick my kids up from school, have a quick snack, then it's off to skating. By the time skating is over, it's pretty much time to have dinner. If I haven't prepped something up, or have plans for a quick and easy meal, I have to rely on take-out.
Lucky for me, I've relied on this super quick and delicious Ginger Peanut Chicken on Thursdays twice in recent weeks. And also lucky for me, my whole family loves it! Win-win!
How to make Ginger Peanut Chicken:
This meal is seriously simple to make. The ingredient list is short, with no hard-to-find ingredients within sight.
The prep work is also minimal. All that's needed is cutting up some chicken thighs and peanuts, and mincing some garlic and ginger.
All said and done, this flavorful chicken can be on your table in the time it takes you to cook the rice - about 20 minutes.
Ginger Peanut Chicken Ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: or use chicken breasts instead if you prefer.
- Roasted peanuts: either salted or unsalted work fine.
- Grated fresh ginger: Pro tip: always keep a piece of ginger in the freezer, then grate from frozen with a microplane when you need to use it in a recipe.
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Lime juice
Want more chicken recipes?
Ginger Peanut Chicken Nutrition Notes:
Note that the nutrition information in the recipe below does not include any rice or other grains that you might serve with the chicken.
Serve this dish with a green salad or cooked vegetables to make a complete meal.
Ginger Peanut Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1" (2.5cm) chunks
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts (either salted or unsalted work fine)
- 1 Tablepsoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Toss the chicken, peanuts, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook until the chicken is opaque and browned, stirring only occasionally to allow the chicken to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the heat, and stir in the brown sugar and lime juice. Serve with rice or other cooked grains, and cooked vegetables and salad to make a complete meal.
Nutrition Disclaimer: I try my best to make sure the nutrition information I provide is accurate to provide you with the best information possible. However, due to ingredient discrepancies and other factors, the above nutrition information should be considered an estimation only.
Leave a Reply