These No Bake Peanut Butter Butterscotch Confetti Squares are a perfect last minute addition to your Christmas Baking! They're easy, fun, and delicious!
It seems that every year, no matter how early I start my Christmas baking, I'm always looking to add just "one more thing" to my list of goodies at the last minute.
Whether you aim to make a dozen different treats for Christmas this year, or just one, these Peanut Butter Butterscotch Confetti Squares are the perfect last minute goodie to make:
- They are no bake, so your oven is free for your other cooking or baking needs
- The ingredient list is short and simple
- They are quick and easy to mix up, and only require a short chill time
- I have never met anyone that doesn't like them
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Confetti Squares Ingredients:
- Butter (or vegan/dairy free butter alternative)
- Peanut butter
- Butterscotch chips
- Rainbow marshmallows
I first had these colorful squares as a child at friend's house, but they weren't something my family ever made. I had them again as an adult and was convinced to make them for my own family when I found out how easy they are to make.
Simply melt butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips together and stir in some colorful marshmallows. Then wait for them to set, and you're good to go!
The texture of these squares is just like fudge studded with marshmallows, but with the unique flavor combination of butterscotch and peanut butter (and a little bit of fruitiness if the marshmallows you buy are fruit flavored). If you haven't had them, they might sound odd, but are surprisingly delicious and addictive!
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Confetti Squares Nutrition Notes:
Like most desserts, these tasty treats are high in calories (190kcal), total (13g) and saturated (7g) fats, and sugar (16g) per small square. Enjoy in moderation.
Want more "No Bake" dessert recipes?
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Confetti Squares
- ½ cup unsalted butter (see note)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 300 grams butterscotch chips (10 oz)
- 200 grams rainbow mini marshmallows (7 oz) can substitute with white mini marshmallows, or use a combination
- Prepare a 9x13" baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and greasing the foil. Fill a small saucepan with a small amount of water (1-2" deep). Place a glass or metal bowl over the pot, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the temperature to medium low so the water is just simmering.
- Stir the butter, peanut butter, and salt together in the bowl. Continue stirring until melted together. Add the butterscotch chips and stir until melted (If you don't have a pot and bowl that fit nicely together, use a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after every interval until melted). Carefully remove the bowl from the pot and cool slightly (don't let it harden).
- Stir the marshmallows into the butterscotch mixture (you may need to transfer to a larger bowl if your bowl was small). Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and chill until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into small pieces and serve immediately or store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge or freezer.
Nutrition Disclaimer: I try my best to make sure the nutrition information I provide is accurate to provide you with the best information possible. However, due to ingredient discrepancies and other factors, the above nutrition information should be considered an estimation only.